Promoting all types of archery
Welcome to The Arizona Bowhunter and Field Archery Association
Arizona Chapter of the National Field Archery Association
The ABFAA list of events is listed below.
- June 12-13, State Indoor Five Spot hosted by Desert Sky Archers, Location – Ben Avery Indoor Range – registration is open at www.desertskyarchers.com
- October 17, State Classic hosted by Timber Mesa Archers, Location – Paseo Vista Archery Range
- October 31, State International hosted by Desert Sky Archers. Location – Ben Avery Fita Field Range
- November 13-14 State Field – hosted by Desert Archers. Location Tucson Mountain Park
Due to the lateness of getting the schedule set, we will waive the championship entry fee for 2021.
2021 Buckle Series
ABFAA would like to remind all of the archery shooters that there is a chance to salvage this 2020 archery year by winning a Silver Belt Buckle. The ABFAA is going to put on 2 more shoots this year, the State International round and the State Field round. Any shooter that shoots in all 3 events will be eligible to win a 2020 Silver Buckle.
This has been a very tough year for archery tournaments, but the ABFAA is giving shooters a chance to leave this year with a great memory. The ABFAA has decided to flight the 6 buckles for 2020. Here is the overview of how we will determine the winners of the 6 buckles:
- Must be an ABFAA State member.
- Must shoot all three of the 2020 ABFAA tournaments to qualify. Qualifying tournaments are listed below:
- State Indoor
- State International
- State Field
- At the conclusion of the State International, Competitors will be placed into one of six flights based on their total combined score from the State Indoor and State International.
- Total number of qualifying archers after the State international will be divided into six equal flights with the highest scorer ranked #1 in the first flight and the lowest scorer ranked last in the sixth flight.
- The State Field score will be added to the total scores from the State Indoor and State International to determine the winner of each flight.
- High Point competitor in each flight after the State Field will win the buckle for that flight.
Note: Total Xs from all three tournaments will be used to determine the flight winner in the event of a tie
There are 2 shoots left in 2020. The ABFAA State International will be hosted by Desert Sky Archers. It will be held on November 1st at Ben Avery archery facility FITA range. Details can be found on the Desert Sky Archers web page. The last event of the year, The ABFAA State Field Tournament, will be hosted by Desert Archers and will be held on November 14, 2020, beginning at 9 am, and held at the Tucson Mountain Park Archery range and hosted by Desert Archers. The tournament will consist of 14 field, 14 hunter and 14 animal targets. reference the website below for more details.
In order to be eligible for the flighting system you need to be sure to compete at all three shoots.
Link to Desert Sky Archers registration document.
Link to State Field Registration, click on local shoots button: http://www.desertarchers.com
Stay safe and healthy. We hope to see you all soon!
Arizona Director, NFAA