|2019 Duel in the Desert
Duel in the Desert Team Trials:
2019 Basic Duel in the Desert information available at this time is below.
- The Team Trials will be held on August 24, 2019
- The Trials will be held at Precision Shooting Equipment Range in Tucson.
- Check-in will begin at 7:30 am and official practice will begin at 8:30 am.
- A metric 900 round will be shot on the 122cm FITA face. 30 arrows will be shot at 60, 50 and 40 meters.
- This year we will be joining forces with archers from Baja, Mexico. The team will consist of 6 men and 6 women recurve shooters and 6 men and 6 women compound shooters. The top 3 archers from AZ and Baja in each of the four division will make up the team. We are allowed one alternate for each of the 4 divisions.
- Team members and alternates will be given team shirts. AZ team member’s registration will be reimbursed, but members must be willing to pay their own way.
- Registration for the Duel Team Trials is available at www.abfaa.info.
Duel in the Desert Dates: September 14-15, 2019
Location: El Dorado Park Archery Field, 7550 E. Spring St., Long Beach, CA (Gates open at 7am)
Division: Seniors, Masters, PARA/VI – Recurve, Compound / Barebow / JOAD – Recurve, Compound
Rounds: 72 Arrow Round at 70 meters will be shot on Sat. consisting of 24- 3 arrow ends:
Team Members and Senior Men/Women; Masters, Junior and Cadet Men – 70m;
Master and Cadet Women – 60m; Cub Men/Women, - 50m; Bowmen Men/Women -30m
900 Round on Sun. consisting of 5 – 6 arrow ends per distance:
Senior, Masters, Junior, Cadet – Men/Women – 60, 50, 40m;
Cub – Men/Women – 50, 40, 30m; Bowmen – Men/Women- 30, 25, 20m
There is an area for non-team members to shoot and compete for the overall high score awards.
*For the overall high scores Duel Team members can compete in their age bracket as long as their division shoots the same distance as senior.
Rules: USAA Dress Code and USAA & World Archery Rules
May be found on-line.
Registration links can be found at the Registration Tab